We ask all members and guests to be aware of, and adhere to, Baltusrol's dress code. Club staff has been directed by the Board of Governors to advise members and their guests if their dress is not considered in compliance with the following dress code, and to deny access or service to them if the infringing dress is not remedied immediately.
The dress code applies to all areas of Club grounds: the Clubhouse, golf courses, practice areas and parking lots.
Members and guests must use the appropriate locker room to change shoes and other attire. Changing footwear in the parking lot is prohibited. Metal or ceramic spiked golf shoes are not permitted.
Men's Dress Code
- Slacks and collared shirts are the standard required dress on Club grounds, with exceptions noted below. Jeans or denim of any type and cargo pants are not permitted. Turtlenecks and mock turtleneck shirts tailored for golf are acceptable shirts. Golf shirts must be tucked-in.
- Sandals and flip flops are not permitted footwear.
- Headgear (hats and caps of any kind) is not permitted in any part of the Clubhouse.
- Jackets and ties are to be worn at all times in the Dining Room, except for breakfast and Sunday evenings when jackets only are acceptable. Slacks and collared shirts may be worn in all areas of the Clubhouse other than the Dining Room prior to 6:00 pm. After 6:00 pm, men eighteen years of age and older are required to wear jackets throughout the main and upper levels of the Clubhouse.
- Men’s Shorts Policy: Men may wear appropriate shorts for golf at any time of the year. Appropriate shorts include only substantially knee-length Bermuda shorts tailored for golf. No other types of shorts, including cargo, camping, tennis, athletic, cutoffs of any kind or denim may be worn. Only short golf socks (no higher than ankle length, such as peds or ankle cuff socks) may be worn with the shorts. No other types of socks, including knee-length, sweat socks or other athletic socks may be worn. Appropriate shorts may be worn throughout the lower level of the Clubhouse, and may be worn on the Terrace if there is a breakfast or lunch associated with a golf function. Shorts are never permitted in other areas of the Clubhouse.
Ladies' Dress Code
- Appropriate attire for women and junior girls includes the following: slacks, Bermuda shorts and skirts no shorter than 4 inches above the knee. Sleeveless shirts must have collars and collarless shirts must have sleeves.
- Unacceptable attire includes the following: jeans, cropped tops, short shorts or skirts, leggings, yoga pants, cargo shorts. Denim of any kind or in any form or color is not permitted on the property. Workout clothing is acceptable only at the Performance Center.
- Flip flops are not permitted footwear.
- Headgear (golf caps and hats) is not permitted in any part of the Clubhouse except the Patio.
- The above dress is permitted throughout the Clubhouse prior to 6:00 pm, other than in the Dining Room. In the Dining Room (other than on Ladies' Guest Day), and in other areas of the Clubhouse after 6:00 pm, comparable attire to that required for men is the policy.